Day 15 - Disneyland for 2 of us...


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Some sort of Castle. Not that big really, says JaimeSome sort of Castle. Not that big really, says JaimeSome sort of Castle. Not that big really, says Jaime

Did you know there is a secret bedroom in here for Walt to use? But he is dead.
Well, poor Liam was still sick, this damn virus really knocked him back. So because He had been up all night, and Shiree with him, they both stayed back while Gary and Jaime went to Disney.

A lot had changed since my last visit...not the least of which was the fact that they had built a whole second park next to Disney, and a bunch of money extraction options (Californialand and Downtown Disney respectively). Some of the animatronics haven't changed and so are a bit dated, while others are astounding.

Overall...a little disappointed. Jaime realised this is aimed at smaller kids, at the age ours are maybe a full on roller coaster park might have been better. But the rides we went on were still cool, and we are thankful to be able to be here. One issue is that several of the big draw cards were closed for maintenance (like closed for weeks, not just this day). Things like pirates of Caribbean, Indiana Jones etc. so that was disappointing as they were the main attraction.

Anyway, no photos, just a long hot day. While it was fun, neither of us get excited about crowds, so we were
Splash Mountain was great...Splash Mountain was great...Splash Mountain was great...

...especially as I remained dry, while every other person on board got drenched, including Jaime. Something to do with centre of gravity I think.
pretty happy to sneak out in the afternoon - although it was still 34 degrees at that time. On crowds...Disney has 'em, that's for sure. Large Mexican ladies in bicycle pants, as Robin Williams would say. And plenty of thundering oldies on mobility scooters. Saw one lady get out of control and take out the corner of a churro stand. And she insisted it was the churro guys fault, even though he had been in that spot, probably since 2005.

Gary fact of the day: did you know that in New Orleans town (or whatever it is called) on Royal street, there is a blue door that opens, for a select few, to an exclusive lounge? We are not amongst the select few.

Also...don't go on Autopia the ride. Ever. It is dumb.

Back in the hotel, Liam was slightly better, but still like a character from The Walking Dead. Although better looking. We grabbed a swim but even that was taxing, so early night after buying cheap Subway dinner down the road.

Note: photos are pinched off the net, we were too lazy to take any. LOL.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb