9th July, 2009. Buena Park, Los Angeles.


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

9th July, 2009. Buena Park, Los Angeles.

Woke up tired and sore this morning after the worst nights sleep we have had since we moved into the RV, and we were staying in a motel. RV builders put in the cheapest queen mattress they can find which is also 6 inches shorter. We went out and purchased a memory topper pad before we went into the RV, one of our best purchases - has provided us with comfort and great sleep.
We were going off to California Adventure Park (an addition to the Disneyland area), decided to have a look at it on the webb - the write ups were not great so we pulled the pin. Went over to a market which is similar to Paddys market in Sydney, lots of stuff in the 300 odd shops, but not for us.
Then off to get the car cleaned, over here because of the water restrictions (California is in a drought) they frown upon you cleaning your car so they have lots of Hand Car washes around the place. We paid $10.99US for an amazing clean, they vacuumed, washed, hand dried, cleaned all the windows inside and out, after 3 months on the road we didn't recognise the Chevy, it had changed colour.
Money well spent.
Then back to the motel, a quick scrub up and off to "Medieval Times" which we had decided to go to. Started at 5pm so bit of a rush. A great show, everyone had a good night, back to the motel and packing for tomorrow.
Tomorrow we fly out, but not until 11.45pm so it will be a long day, pick up the RV at 10am, drop that off to the shippers along with the Chevy and then out to the airport.
I am going to write one more Blogg, once we have arrived home, then that's it from us, I hope you have enjoyed reading it, has taken up a bit of time but it is also our record of our travels.
Would we do it again - at the drop of a hat.
See ya from the USA
Sam and Craig



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 0049th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 004
9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 004

Chevys answer to the P.T. Cruiser
9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 0059th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 005
9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 005

Garth - do you recognise this - they have copied NZ
9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 0139th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 013
9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 013

seating at the "Medieval Times"
9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 0389th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 038
9th July, 2009. Beuna Park, Los Angeles 038

The six competitors at Medieval Times


Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb