Anaheim California Adventure Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
January 18th 2006
Published: January 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

The next day was time for some California Adventure Park. The girls were a little afraid to tackle the big roller coaster straight away so we warmed up with the kiddies roller coaster which Shannon thought was the most scary of them all. It tends to head in a straight line until it is overhanging the world below and then abruptly turns without leaning into the corner. There was also one part where I was sure if I didn’t duck I would have been about a head height shorter.

So then we did the California Screamer which is far better than the cork screw at Rainbows End. For a start it accelerates you horizontally before plunging up a ramp like a rocket (instead of being winched up like normal) - awesome.
Other favourite rides include:
- The Maliboomer
- The Tower of Terror
- Grizzley River Run
- California Soarer (motion master thing that flies over parts of Califonia like being in a helicopter with wind effects and smells relating to what you are flying over)

I was most impressed that I was able to get the girls to go on the rollercoaster, the Maliboomer
A WallA WallA Wall

Looks like it goes into the distance huh.
and the Tower of Terror. All pretty hard-out - but they loved them (ok, maybe not the Maliboomer 😉 The Maliboomer rockets you straight into the air before freefalling again - the Tower of Terror much the same, but more of a story behind it, i.e you are in a old haunted hotel and inside an elevator that is broken etc - pretty cool.
The Grizzley River Run was heaps of fun though (I think everyone who goes there mentions that) - you go down a set of rapids pretty much in an circular inflatable raft thing and get totally soaked.

We also went to an Aladdin Musical concert which was fantastic. Different in the way that the magic carpet would actually fly over the audience, and the elephant and other people in the royal procession would walk through the crowd before getting to the stage etc. Disneyland / California Adventure Park = so much fun - we all had a blast.

That night we booted it up to Santa Barbara on our final leg.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd January 2006

Just for the record...
Hame did not have to get me on the Maliboomer or California Screamin' (rollercoaster) as I had been to California Adventure Park before. I just didn't want to feel my stomach lurch up 3 times in a row...especially after lunch...
25th January 2006

Creative Licence
You're doing a lot of work on the record, Sunita. Remember that history is written by the writer. I believe every word Hame says.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb