Anaheim Disneyland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
January 17th 2006
Published: January 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We decided to skip Big Sur since winding down the coast was going to take a long time, and we wanted to save more days for Santa Barbara. Rugged coast line we have plenty of in New Zealand anyway (that’s what we tell ourselves).

We are now on the home stretch of our journey, But at the same time still have lots to look forward to. After arriving in Anaheim at around 10pm at night, we had no accommodation pre-booked so drived around a few places until we found one that we liked.
Due to being feeling hungus, most of us went down to the local petrol station and ate some dry sandwiches.

We had pre-paid in NZ for a 2 day Disneyland / California Adventure Park hopper pass. California Adventure Park is directly opposite Disneyland (basically part of the same complex) and is quite new (it didn’t exist last time I was there). The difference between the two is Disneyland is much more family and kiddie oriented and has the famous Disneyland magic whereas California Adventure Park has the much larger and scarier rides (but still nothing compared to magic mountain apparently). Our pass meant we could go backwards and forwards between the two parks, the first day we decided to do Disneyland.

We purposely planned the trip so that we would be there during the week to minimise the crowds which was the best thing we could do. We basically waited no more than 15 minutes max for any ride, a lot of the time there being no queue at all. Favourites rides of Disneyland include:
- Indiana Jones
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Space Mountain
- Honey I Shrunk the Audience
- Star Tours
- The Billy Hillbillies show
- It’s a small World (this was closed the first day, we came back to this the second day when it was opened again. I had to drag everyone back there because it’s a classic that you can’t miss when going to Disneyland, no matter how loopy the song makes you).

That night we had good ol' Chinese for dinner at a place around the corner from our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Elephants Elephants
Elephants

Fake of course


22nd January 2006

Elephants!!!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb