Day 15 - Disneyland for the last time


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 29th 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our last day at "The Happiest Place on Earth". Gates opened at 10am today thank goodness so we could sleep in a bit. Had assumed that because it was Monday, the crowds would be less than the weekend, and it would be a good day to go - but I think everyone else had the same idea 'cos man, it was BUSY!!! And it was drizzling slightly - I thought people stayed away in the rain (Nope!).

Had a plan to revist all the favourites at least once then do some shopping, so we headed straight for Space Mountain - ooops, broken down. Back tracked to The Matterhorn to find the queue's a mile long, but moving quickly - until that ride breaks down. Not our lucky day.... Anyway the ride was soon up and running and we're off...

Spent another fantastic day zipping and looping our way all over park, grabbing Fast Passes to avoid lines and achieving all we wanted to achieve - GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

After spending a small fortune on souveniers and trinkets, said Ta Ta to Mickey and all his friends for the last time and walked home via Downtown Disney & the Build A Bear Workshop. Managed to convince the girls that they did NOT need another bear, but they could get some fancy clothes for the guys left at home (whew, got out of that one easily!).

All in all we have had a wonderful time in LA. We didn't get to the beach, we didn't get to Beverley Hills nor Hollywood Blvd, but they're always going to be there for another day...




Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb