Day 14 - Universal Studios


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 28th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Far out - we’ve been away two weeks already!!!!! Today we’ve decided to tackle the LA Highways again and head to Universal Studios which is approx one hour north in moderate traffic or three hours when it’s busy. Turned out to be a wise decision to go today as the traffic on a Sunday morning wasn’t too bad and we made it without any stops or dramas. At one point we counted 7 lanes per direction and some of the spaghetti junctions are phenomenal!!!! Steve's really getting the hang of this and absolutely loves his car - pity we can't bring one home...

Did the guided Studio Tour at Universal first which was really cool. Our tram passed sets from heaps of familiar movies including Jaws, King Kong, Earthquake, War of the Worlds, Psycho, but best all - we drove around Wisteria Lane off Desperate Housewives!!!! Because it was a Sunday there was no-one around (by that I mean Celebrities), but you could just imagine them in their "Star Trailers" getting all pampered and preened.

Spent the rest of the day watching some really excellent shows (Water World was the best I have ever seen), 3 & 4D movies which included live actors and effects (Terminator), Backdraft fire effects, an educational special effects tour (to justify taking the kids out of school for two weeks) and of course doing the rides. Jordi’s favourite was of course the Simpson’s ride (a very effective simulator style ride) and Ashleigh’s was Jurassic Park (we all got soaked - twice!!!).

All in all a great day - different to Disney but still VERY good.




Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb