One Month on the Road


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Lake Tahoe
March 22nd 2015
Published: March 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today marks exactly one month since the day Madison and I embarked on the grandest adventure of our lives. I'm sitting in the passenger seat of our beloved van while Maddie guides it gently along the winding road that borders Lake Tahoe.

I've grown fond of this car. It has been with us through every moment of this trip. The van has moved trough some of the most breathtakingly beautiful landscapes this country has to offer. It has climbed up mountains and explored valleys. It's heard the belly laughter of two sisters (and heard them argue). It cradles our dried wildflowers in its dash. It keeps us safe and (semi) comfortable at night.

The space inside this vehicle is sacred. I like to think it is forever blessed by the journey on which it has taken us. Thank you all for being a part of it as well 😊

xo,
Kayli



Last night, after some arguing and discomfort, we decided to go see Cinderella. If you didn't already know, we both aren't huge movie-goers, but we needed out of the van and effortless entertainment was incredibly enticing. We quickly changed our attitudes and became excited over picking snacks and candy for the movie. We only had 20 minutes before the show, so we quickly ran up and down the aisles of Safeway while picking our goodies. After we got to the theater we ran into the issue of hiding our snacks. Hilarity ensued as we stuffed our shirts and pants. We looked like bloated and lumpy pregnant women! We both laughed to the point of tears while walking up to buy our tickets. I'm sure it was extremely obvious, but it didn't even matter at that point. We were having such a good time. We decided this was to be our one month celebration. I wanted to try to share the silliness with you all!

Xoxo

Maddie


Advertisement



22nd March 2015

Hilarious
It's been fun living through your adventures and remembering quite a few of my own. Thank you for sharing your incredible journey and a glimpse into your youthful excitement . Travel on ??
22nd March 2015

One Month!
Girlies ~ I can't believe you have been gone a month already! My how time flies. Glad you found some time to be silly and have fun being silly. . .I can just picture the two of you going into the theater looking like lumpy pregnant women and everyone around you wondering what was so funny! Continue to be safe and continue sending pics - the ones you have sent are fabulous! I've flown over the Grand Canyon several times, but seeing it through the eye of your camera sure makes it real. We miss you two and send our love!

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb