A Little Celebration of Life Before the Drive Home


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Remembering Aubrey and HeidiRemembering Aubrey and HeidiRemembering Aubrey and Heidi

Sending their spirits to the Great Hunting Grounds
What a difference a couple of years made. Grandkids helped so much with the packing up. It used to be that it would take us hours to get everything together, but this time we were completely packed by 10a.m.

Before leaving all of us came together to hold a small “Day of the Dead” in remembrance of Aubrey, our little granddaughter who never got to experience camping, and my niece Heidi who died way too young. We lit a candle for the light and incense to help lift their spirits to the Great Hunting Grounds. We also hoped for the spirits to give us safe travels home.

We’d thought that we’d just take the road north to South Lake Tahoe, eat lunch and come on home. The road to Tahoe was much quicker than the one we came into Grover on so we were able to have a brunch at Harrah’s. Kids love eating at the casinos, they pile on the food and this time was no different. A little pricey though since it was a Sunday Brunch, but I made sure to have lots of champagne. We couldn’t gamble quarters though because the machines only take bills. Too bad. We’d trained the kids to walk very slowly so that we could each gamble 2 or 3 quarters and now we had no chance to win a gazillion dollars.

After we had cell service once again I text Bekki to find out how their trip home went. It seems that the Mazda died about 1 hour before they would have arrived back in Wasco. One of our “adopted sons” picked them up then came back and towed the car. So we have a broken down car and a mess in the RV.

The rest of the drive was just that, a drive.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.464s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb