We made it home!


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thank you Lord for a safe trip back to Cali!
Our flights back home were uneventful, other than DJ almost getting detained in Bogota, Colombia for not claiming his back pack at one of the multiple security check points (he was having trouble understanding spanish or englis for that matter, he obviously needs more spanish classes!). Good news was that Breana made it back without getting sick and enjoyed the roller coaster ride. Landed safely at LAX at 7:41pm, retrieved all of our luggage, and cleared customs by 8:30. Morris picked us up and treated us to In & Out burgers (sorry Joel, the camera was in the trunk). We were welcomed back on the mountain by drizzle and thick fog in 35 degree temperatures, weather kind of like Quito (we miss our Canoa weather already!).
Thank you Morris for getting us home safely, we love you!

Tried to blog yesterday but Verizon wanted us to feel like we were still in Ecuador, no phone or internet service due to water in our phone lines (hopefully it will be fixed by Monday, for those of you trying to get a hold of us, but you can reach us on our cell phones). According Henry, the house feels huge, and we have too much stuff (is there ever too much stuff? ha, ha, that was before this trip!) tv has been on but not as much as before (gotta catch up on all the shows I prerecorded!). I have comed to the realization that a shower with hot water and good pressure may not be a necessity but wow, how I have enjoyed the luxury of both since we have been home (I'm sure going to miss my luxury when we move to Canoa!). Henry was welcomed home to 105 degree jacuzzi (may not be a necessity, but he's going to miss that luxury!). Henry had a couple of beers with the neighbor Steve yesterday (man those are small bottles!).

Thank you Ryan and Vanessa for your blog and for everything, looking forward to our future endeavors with you guys. Thanks to the Sundown Family and staff for all the fun, food, cervezas, ron, and the spanish lessons (Alejandro, never stop smiling!). A shot out to Jorge at the Bambu, thank you for the happy hours and for keeping all the drinks coming. Thanks to Peter, Maija, Frans, and crew especially for the real bacon and for the taste of the states. Also want to thank Lupe and her husband at Cafe Flor, for the great food and awesome cake (but thanks Donna for buying!). Thank you Edgar and the folks from Rio Muchacho, for the great personality and guidance through the trip, for the great chocolate and for educating us about poop. Thanks to Toni from Jixssy for your smiling spirit, his infectious laugh and also for the flag, go Ecuador! Thanks to Greg for the community jeep when it was most needed and for your offer to provide our future residence. Thanks to the folks at the L'Auberge and at the Mason Asturiano Hostals in Quito. It truly was a blessing and pleasure getting to meet so many wonderful people during this journey.

Last but not least, thanks to all of you who have followed this blog and for all your prayers. We will be setting up a facebook account to keep in touch with you all. We will probably post one more blog with just pictures in the next couple of days (they're so many!). So long for now, Hasta luego por hoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0944s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb