Ride the Blossom Trail


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Kingsburg
March 4th 2021
Published: March 5th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Now 2021, everything is starting early this year, due to the warmer weather. Check it out!!! The famous Blossom Trail here in Fresno County officially begins this weekend. I will personally commemorate it (back in 2019) by riding my bicycle on Saturday's Blossom Trail Ride. The official Blossom Trail begins in February and runs through March. Nine valley cities participate in this annual event, including my hometown of Kingsburg. The peak bloom period runs only about three weeks. In general, pink blossoms are peaches, and nectarines. White blossoms are almonds, plums and apples. Some basic highlights of the trail include: Simonian Farms, at the corner of Clovis and Jensen Avenues. This fruit stand started back in 1901. He built and placed a memorial to the Japanese who were incarcerated after Pearl Harbor. Heading east, the Blossom Trail Cafe sits just outside of Sanger, on your way to the Sierra foothills. Good place for breakfast. In the little hamlet of Centerville, the Fruit Station is a good first stop. As a bonus this year, the Sierra foothills are covered in white. Not blossoms, but snow!! In Orange Cove, connect to the Orange Blossom Trail, if you prefer. Turning south on Frankwood Avenue, hit the Cedar View Winery for some old world Tempranillo and Alicante Bouschet. In nearby Reedley, let the kids ride on the steam train at Hillcrest Farms, in the middle of peach and plum orchards. When you reach my hometown of Kingsburg, you can see the town's main street decked out in its Swedish splendor. No promises on whether the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" will make her annual appearance. Personally, I would visit the Sun Maid Growers Factory Store on Bethel Avenue and old Highway 99. For those of you cartographically challenged, signs are posted all over the valley. I have also included a map. If you have never seen this spectacle, I suggest visiting now. As for me, growing up here, as a kid, having to work on my Uncle's farm, I never appreciated it the way I do now. You must take this drive at least once in your life!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb