Radio Check...Over


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The days are brisk with a northwesterly flow carrying a partly cloudy hint of future precip. Morning rides find us wearing jackets as temps drop below freezing. The high country is choked with snow and skiing is butter. Ten days together, at home, so surreal, savor every moment of this sweet place and time... fill our hearts with cool mountain air.
No matter how often we pack our stuff into heavy bundles and hop on planes to places seemingly distant, there is always a special allure to being in the Tahoe basin. In recent years where at least one of us has been abroad more often than not, our home has come to seem a whole lot more important. When we roll, we roll with the security of knowing that there is a place that fits us and we like it there. When we ride the same old rides, chat with the same old people, climb the same old mountains, and ski familiar lines, in the back yard, well.......they still seem truly great. Maybe when the place is part of you, you stand a better chance of being part of the place. Our ten days together were filled with the urgency that comes from another long trip but time in the playground around us provided a nice balance to packing.
Now, half a world apart we are a team divided to prepare our bodies, gather resources and make the final checklists for another excursion. The last slide show in Haines was a reminder of just how much we live for these trips and, more importantly, why we do it again, and again.
For those of you who are new to this blog, welcome and feel free to post ideas, critique, encouragement and anything else that might add to the dialog. The numbers of people who have filled the rooms where we have presented have been flattering and heart warming and we hope that you will find this years posts as interesting. More so we hope that you will continue to tickle the underbelly of the dynamics of existence and stretch the boundaries as humans so aptly do.



Advertisement



5th July 2010

Have Fun!
Hey you two, Have a great trip. I look forward to seeing you both in the fall. It is great to see that we share old friends. Love, Roger
6th July 2010

Hello Again
Dear Chad and Allison, I love your blog site so I hope to keep getting the updates on your adventures. Chad and I hope to do a clinic together in a week or so here in Moshi so that will give him a taste of my life over here. He is off in Tanga on the coast right now looking at a property for a friend. It has been great to have him back in Tanzania. The next mountain trip should be exciting. May the God of the Winds be at your backs when you need it. Best wishes. Greg
6th July 2010

Looking forward to this trip!
Really excited for your next trip while we hold down the fort here in Tahoe!
28th July 2010

summertime......
Chad- All that nice snow at Tahoe this spring has made for some mighty fine swimming these days and I am making the most of it. Daily Tahoe dips are good for the soul and brain! Zia is part trout, she is a great dog paddler. Miss you, hope all is well. Looking forward to hearing what you and Allison do on your incredible fall adventures. Pablo is working on lots of house projects, including a new metal roof to shed all that snow. Safe travels, M .

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 19; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb