Day 15 - Can't Explain (The Who)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Indio
October 8th 2016
Published: October 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hello and Good Morning from the Coachella Valley!

Well we are already into day 2 of Desert Trip 2016! Last night's concert featured Bob Dylan as the opener for the Rolling Stones! Both acts are incredible, but definitely aging! I was underwhelmed with Dylan's set because we never really saw his face and only saw footage of him and the band for about 5 songs, then the huge monitors played old video footage of NYC. It was difficult to stay connected to the music because we couldn't see the performers.

To me the Rolling Stones are larger than life, regardless of age. It is crazy to figure out how they perform at that level for 2 1/2 hours. As Marc said, "Well they don't do it everyday, that's for sure." Anyway, their energy and excitement was inspiring. The play list was fantastic. I heard that someone called Fake Fan video taped the entire concert and posted it on You Tube so check it out.

Now I know why they don't often have 3 day festivals for mature audiences! These are long days with heat in the mid to upper 90's during the day. You have to conserve your energy for the music which goes on until midnight. Then you must brave the crowds to return to the RV camp. Luckily for us, the campground is adjacent to the concert venue.

Off to rest up for tonight! Neil Young and Paul McCartney!

Marc and Joyce


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb