Preparing for Thailand!


Advertisement
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

AngkorAngkorAngkor

not my picture....
We are going to be in Thailand from the 4th-23rd! This little blog should help keep our families and friends up to date on our misadventures, etc.

We have been preparing for our trip already, buying all the little things well need to maintain our comfort levels abroad. From our last trip in Japan I have learned that Asias humidity does not mix well with any sort of dense or heavy fabrics. I almost died a couple times with the heavy jeans I was wearing in Japan. SO this time I went out and bought a couple pairs of airy light pants that should do the trick. The plan so far (I dont know if this is organized enough to be considered a plan) is to spend the first weekend in Bangkok getting settled, etc. Then head down south to do some beachy stuff and then spend weekend #2 in Chiang Mai, doing the night market and temple visiting, elephant petting/riding, etc.

AND THEN................. If we are feeling brave, were going to give the ruins of Angkor a shot.

Hopefully the picture to the right will be my reality by the end of November.

Me and Ari are brave, but Ive heard some horror stories about the border crossings at the Thai/Cambodia border. With rip-offs abound, mafia run taxis and pot holed streets that could swallow a tuk tuk whole... Well see how we feel when we get to that juncture...




Advertisement



11th October 2008

Any shots??
Have you checked to see if you guys need to get any vaccinations??

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb