Day 3 - Road Trip San Francisco to Groveland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Groveland
September 7th 2013
Published: September 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


7.30 went out for some breakfast. We ate at The Blue mermaid attached to the hotel. Sat outside in the sun.

10.00am Checked out collected car and set off on our journey to Groveland. The journey took about 4hrs 30, and was fantastic, stopped off at Walmart for some essentials and saw THE PEOPLE OF WALMART. Temperature 99f.

As we got closer to Yosemite, there are signs of appreciation everywhere for the firefighters who have been fighting the 3rd largest fire in california. it has been devastating to the area. It was 90% contained on the day we arrived.

3.30pm Finally arrived at The Cub Inn in Groveland. It is Indescribable. It is a raised log cabin, set in the woods and wildlife, run by fantastic owners, Joe and Charlene, and their dog Cubby. Joe told us about We had a tour with Joe, met the deer Robert, Dorothy and the two twins right outside the window of our bedroom. Got changed and decided to go for a swim at the local lake.

7pm We headed to the main strip in Grovelnad which is about 50 metres long. The bar there is called the Iron Bar Saloon which is the oldest Bar in California dating back to 1852. It is somethign else when you walk inside, this is the local bar. cowboys, harley davidson bikers and us. Some firemen came in to eat, covered in soot. They are treated like heroes, saving houses, and the lives of the local people. Got swung around the dancefloor by a huge mexcican Harley Davidson biker...Ernie. Time to leave.

After watching a great Blues band and the local people, we got a local stone baked pizza and headed back. We were greeted outside by a couple from Arkansaw. They had been to Yosemite for the day and Im pretty sure Walmart too. Went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb