Sun Maid Raisin Factory Store


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Fresno
December 27th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Famous Sun Maid BoxThe Famous Sun Maid BoxThe Famous Sun Maid Box

This image can be seen around the world. The lady who posed for this image finally passed away at age 90. Raisins are completely natural, NO SUGAR added!!!
Have you ever driven through the San Joaquin Valley and seen the signs for the Sun Maid raisin factory store? It is located in my hometown of Kingsburg, CA. Sun Maid is the cooperative where we sell our raisins. They in turn process, package, market and sell the raisins all over the world. The coop is celebrating 95 years as the World's Favorite Raisin. The official name is the Sun Maid Growers of California.

We went to the factory store today to buy a few last minute gifts. These are some of the things we found here. I strongly encourage you to stop here on your next drive to Los Angeles or San Francisco if you live in the south. Remember, raisins got me through college, so spend, spend, spend for future generations.

The obvious products are anything raisin related. Many of you have tasted the chocolate raisins during the Holidays. Sun Maids chocolate raisins are made with, among other ingredients, a chocolate liqueur. This gives it a unique texture and flavor, unlike any other chocolate raisins out on the market. The store also has yogurt coated raisins, trail mix of various types, and dried fruit of every variety. The packaging is also rather different here.

Non raisin products include things like dried peaches, apricots, pineapple, apples, figs, dates, and nuts (other than peanuts),

You can also find toys, decorations, ornaments, and household decorations, including Christmas. They also sell T shirts, polos, jackets, and caps for real raisin fans.

It is easy to spend $50 or more here. The products are all premium quality, and the freshest products available. These are not leftovers or seconds. Plus we still enjoy our growers' discount since our family sells raisins to the Coop. It's a great stop next time you are driving through the Valley.



The Factory Store is about 2 to 3 miles from the very place I was raised. And it always brings back memories of those long hot summers, while we worked on my Uncle's farm. It also reminds me of my dearly departed grandparents. They provided the backbone for my family's success that we celebrate today.

Advertisement



23rd April 2011

Raisins
Hello, drove by friday night but was to late to stop...and now I just remembers you will be closed tomorrow to Easter...dang... Well I hope to come this way again in the next week or two... Sun Maid has been something I have loved since I was a little girl...now soon to be 54...oopps did I say that...lol can't wait to come visit. Thanks Pamela Warren.... didn't even know you had a factory store...\ 909418-4423
30th July 2016

Can you tell me your store hours and days that you are open' Thank You
30th July 2016

Sun Maid Grower's Store
Mon through Friday, 9am to 5pm

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb