Fresno, California to Vasalia, California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Fresno
May 14th 2008
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was a catch up day. We went to Fresno to do laundry and go to a Wachovia Bank because we were having problems with our debit card. We were very grateful that there were bank branches in Fresno. Bank problems resolved, I tackled the laundry. I have to say this laundry experience was not on the same level as Sedona’s! I think the number of out of order machines almost equaled the operating ones.
We decided to stay in a campground on the way to Sequoia National Park, our destination for Thursday, which was about an hour away. We were in an agricultural area again and it was the first time I ever remember smelling the earth as we drove down the highway (the soil is black and looks rich). Then we passed an region that raised garlic and you could smell garlic for miles. I like garlic. It smelled like a kitchen with good cooking! We were in raisin country and couldn’t resist a stop at Sun Maid Raisin International Headquarters, not for a tour, but to buy chocolate covered raisins.
The campground had internet access and I finally got caught up on the blog. No photos today.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb