We're leaving-follow us...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Encinitas
March 28th 2011
Published: March 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Papua New Guinea-Australia

PNG:Rubio's Plantation/Surf Camp to Walindi Resort to board the Fabrina Liveaboard Dive Boat.Australia:Cairns to Melbourne along Great Ocean Road to Adelaide -along southern Australia and east Australia to the Whitsundays, Daintree Rainforest, great Barrier Reef.

We're leaving this Friday! We're hoping you'll follow us along the way. Many of you have asked what we'll be doing, so......Here's our itinerary:
Friday night, we'll be flying from SD to LA, into Brisbane and onto Cairns - arriving there mid-day on April 3rd...
The very next day we're onto Papua New Guinea. There we hook up to go onward from Port Moresby to an island called New Ireland and to a surf camp called Rubios. That's April 4th until April 13th.
On April 13 we hope to leave, and we say "hope", because as of now our flights have been switched, suspended, and overlapped, so we no longer have the connection we booked to another PNG island - New Britain. We'll either spend a night at the Walindi Resort or get there in time to meet our liveaboard dive boat- The Fabrina. We'll be diving throughout PNG with our Ausie friends, Charlie and Julie for 8 days.
Once again our connecting flight back to Cairns has been changed, so we expect to get there the night of April 22nd (our anniversay), but still aren't sure of that either. We are due fly to south Australia...Melbourne, on April 23rd.
After two days in the city, we'll hop onto our Harley and ride along the Great Ocean Road and into the Grampians for 5 days.
We'll pick up our campervan on May 2nd and spend two months traveling through the south and east coasts of Australia.
We need to be in Arlie Beach on June 24th to pick up our boat: The Integrity 35 - for our week bareboating in the Whitsundays! That's what we've been practicing, because yes, it'll be our first time captaining our own boat. You can see this incredible boat and the gorgeous islands on "Whitsunday Escape", or wait and we'll bring our pictures home for viewing.
Then we have four nights to visit the Daintree Rainforest, before returning our campervan in Cairns.
Our final Australian adventure will be diving the Great Barrier Reef (with Mike Ball) on a "Minke Whale Expedition".
Our last two nights will be in Cairns before heading home on July 13th.
We'll be missing all of you and hope you follow our travels. We'll look forward to seeing you in mid-July.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb