Sand Art


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Encinitas
April 21st 2010
Published: April 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have one more week at the beach. Two months has gone by fast. We have checked out the other beach parks and have decided that this is the best park to host at. So unless something changes, we will be back here next February and March. The only down side is the $1000 in gas to drive the motorhome here and back.

Last week we became real tourists. We drove 16 miles north and took the San Diego commuter train from Oceanside to San Diego. It is a one hour trip and is right on the beach and winds through a beautiful canyon just outside of San Diego. We had a great lunch at a Greek restaurant and then took the train back. It cost $6.50 round trip for seniors.

There is a large wetlands, next to us. The San Elijo wetlands, http://www.sanelijo.org/, is connected to the ocean a few hundred feet from our camp site. The inlet closed with a large rain storm last month which created a sandbar.. About 2 weeks ago another rain storm caused a surge which opened up the inlet again. A few days after the inlet opened a large dredging project started and will go on for a few weeks.

Today is cool and rainy. It is suppose to snow above 3500 feet. This is very unusual for this time of year. It rarely rains in the spring. I went for my usual walk on the beach and this time I took my camera and took some interesting sand art pictures. When the tide goes out, small rocks and seaweed are left behind. There is something black in the sand that causes interesting swirls and lines.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



21st April 2010

wonderful
Thanks Jeff & Jan for all the beautyful pictures and stories. the last pictures are just amazing, some of them look like faces in the sand. Nature can do WONDERS. Looking forward of seeing you soon, take care and enjoy the rest of "working vacation". Love, Inge
22nd April 2010

Fascinating
Thanks for sharing.
24th April 2010

sand art
It's mother nature a terriffic artist! I love black and white photos of the beach.

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb