Bonnie Springs the whole experience!!


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 3rd August
The next day I thought by running at 7am the heat wouldn't be too bad. After running 2miles I was exhausted and out of water, which was not good and had to walk back feeling very thirsty and realising how harsh the desert conditions really are. Back at the ranch I cooled down with a dip in the pool which we had to ourselves. Even Gra was swimming every 10 mins as the heat outside rose rapidly.
By 12 midday we had to retreat to the air conditioned car. However, before we left the ranch I went to get a picture of what I thought was just a pretend ranch, but was actually a mock town with wild west shows, shops, train rides and even a petting zoo with animals from a Canadian Lynx to pot bellied pigs and wallabies. It was a great surprised and we ended up spending the afternoon at Bonnie Springs.
Later we headed North West to Death Valley, but firstly checked into a motel outside of the valley in Beatty. After travelling into Death Valley to watch the sunset, were soon shocked by the extreme temperature of 115 degrees at 8pm and very glad we weren't staying inside the valley. The sunset was just beautiful, but staying any longer meant a long dark drive back so we headed back to Beatty, just in time for an evening dip in the pool before grabbing a diner - style supper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb