Half the Yea Is Gone


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Clovis
July 1st 2020
Published: July 1st 2020
Edit Blog Post

From Days of the Year:
July 1st (the 182nd Day of the Year) marks Second Second Half of the Year Day – a chance to step back, evaluate your year so far with your goals and objectives (never mind the new year’s resolutions which likely didn’t last until February…) and to take action to get back on track if necessary.

It’s a great opportunity to do some hard thinking over your finances, your diet, your career and other aspects of your life that you might want to improve. Make the second half of the year count!

The Second Half of the Year Day is traditionally celebrated on the same date annually, and has been for some time. The day has seen important milestones such as Sony introducing the Walkman and Zip codes being used for mail. Where would the US be if it couldn’t receive leaflets and brochures, the OG spam?!

Of course, a leap year will always force its way into the Gregorian calendar like a wrench in between plumbing! Celebrating this event means that your math skills must be strong. How are everyone’s four-times tables?
I never really looked at this as the second second half of the year. I see the 182nd day as the LAST half of the year, always remarking how fast the first half went.So, raise a glass of bubbly, and count your blessings. Be thankful for staying healthy in the middle of this pandemic. And be most thankful for your loved ones, family pets, and better days ahead.For me, I look forward to traveling again, some road trips to the coast, baseball (in person or on TV), and my every other day cycling out to the countryside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.492s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 38; qc: 150; dbt: 0.3227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb