Relaxation Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Calistoga
October 8th 2012
Published: October 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning and decided "we need one more day in Calistoga"! That is the beauty of this trip - flexibility. Decided to chill out by the Mineral Pools at the hotel. They have four (4) natural mineral pools with varying temperatures - 80, 90, 100 and 104. People start getting in at 8am and spend the day soaking in the pool and lounging nearby in the sun. We have been blessed with this weather - 73 and sunny - both of us got a little sunburned. Note to self - don't drink Pinot Grigio and take a nap.

Calistoga Spa and Hot Springs rates high praise from us both. Not fancy but homey with kitchenettes and grills and ample picnic tables. A bunch of guests are grilling out and enjoying al fresco dining. It's also a short walk to downtown Calistoga's shops and restaurants. Sadly, had an unforgettable Mexican meal at Pacifica but then stumbled across Susie's Bar - go down the hallway - don't be afraid! Good music and nice, simple bar with a Nascar fixation. Our bartender, Teresa, made us feel quite welcome in between her rounds of pool with some of the regulars.

Called it a relatively early night - wine tasting Tuesday - must be rested!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb