Disneyland Day 2


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was extremely difficult to wake up this morning on time let alone an hour earlier so we could take advantage of the one magic early morning our 3 day pass allowed. So we didn’t. I was awake but just couldn’t get the kids up on time. As well as that, we got a bit side tracked with still more packing for the plane trip tonight. Even though we did as much packing as we could during the afternoon break from Disney yesterday, of course there was last minute stuff of Brendan’s that he tried to jam in at the last minute when I had already decided where everything was going. We got into a heated exchange when he was trying to jam his big boots in to the suitcase. Firstly, I kept trying to tell him not to as one he has already broken the handle through the weight and I thought the zip was going to got next the way he was forcing it to close. Secondly I kept trying to tell him that there was too much in the bag. Of course he just yelled at me and ignored my advice. As it turned out, I was right when at the airport check in counter we were told weight per piece was over.

As it was, we got through the gates 5 minutes before the other guests. Anyway it gave us the tinsiest of advantage in the Matterhorn bob sled ride queue, after we’d got Space Moutain fast passes and went on it anyway as the queue was only 10 minutes long. I simply loved that ride. It was just a s good as I remembered it in 1980. Especially the beginning bit where you think you’re in a spinning vortex sucking you into a black hole. Then you actually can’t see anything that’s coming (probably why I like it so much) because it’s dark and there is nothing but stars shooting at you. We then walked through Sleeping Beauty’s castle and checked out toon town for the first time. I guess it’s really for the smaller kids, but the way they decorated it was very colourful and abstract, based on the first cartoons Walt did. We hopped on silly cards and did family photos. To our surprise the queue for Mickey’s House was non existent, so we wasted no time for another photo opportunity with him. This time we got a pic with Brownson as well. We’re pretty lucky to have personal time with him twice considering there is potentially 50,000 people in the park. After that we checked out his house which is just gorgeous. Then of course we couldn’t go past Goofy’s ride which was lame but we jus’gotta do it. I still managed to scream. Then the infamous cup and saucer ride which holds precious memories. Of course Brendan and I new we’d be too sick if we went on (just like my parents did I guess) so the kids went on. Lleyton wasn’t interested in spinning in case he got sick so Bobby was doing it on his own. We wandered back to Frontierland to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which was open again after close and once again wrecking my ridemax plan. We used our fast passes to go into slash Mountain again and then when to Island. Bobby loved it and kept disappearing on us.

It didn’t seem to as busy today and we took more time to noticed the smaller detail in every thing. Like the lovely area outside the locker to eat your own food rather than expensive resort food. We finally found the coffee shop which gave free refills if you rented a locker, and it was just outside the locker room the whole time, so we didn’t end up taking advantage of that. After the awesome parade at 4pm in the best spot in the park, we shot over to space mountain to use our fast pass from the morning and then back the Indiana Jones for our final ride in the happiest place in the world! We got a final slurge by getting massive icecreams in massive cones for $4 before eating a Mexican meal back at the hotel just before waiting for our shuttle. To be honest we were glad to be out of the crowds. Brendan was over it by the end Of Disney’s Adventure California Park and I thought I was going to get a mutiny on my han to get them to go back for another 2 days. I can’t like believe it. Bobby was stoked to go back and back, I don’t think Lleyton was too fussed, but it’s always hard to tell what he’s feeling. Brendan simply went for the kid's sake and hated it.

Shuttle came at 7.10pm and we needn’t have worried about all our luggage. It fit fine considering all the other passengers hardly had any!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb