Disney California Adventure Park


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

World of ColourWorld of ColourWorld of Colour

The Mickey Gondola which I still managed to scream on
Nothing could contain my excitement for the 5.30 wake up for our big day at DCA.

First thing on the schedule was California Screamin’ which we went on twice without waiting. Next it was Mickey's Gondola which I still managed to scream on.

California Soarin’ has to be my complete favourite of all time. It really really made you think you were astral travelling over everything, the ocean, the hills etc. I’d say feel like in a helicopter also but a helicopter is noisy and this wasn’t. Even soarin’ over the orange orchards they pump an orange scent into the room. Then when you are over people skiing in the Sierra Nevada you can smell pine trees. You really think you are there including when you look down. We got advice on the best seats and we actually could see evidence that anyone else was with you unless you looked sideways. My second favourite ride was definitely the Tower of Terror which we also went on a couple of times. I finally know what it feels like to plummet to your death in a broken elevator with out actually dying. I might add this was still very tame compared to the roller coaster referenced to earlier.

Got in place for World of Colour but was a bit disappointed after getting the fast passes quite quickly, we were relegated to a crappy viewing area by a cast member and couldn’t swap once we were locked into place and we had to wait there for an hour. I’d say we couldn’t see much of the lower stuff that was going on as everyone had to stand to watch the performance. It was still great and wonderful as would the best light, fountain and laser show in the world would be!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb