shieks of the desert sand


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Blythe
April 2nd 2011
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

we are actually in palo verde california. we rode 70 miles yesterday through the desert. it was quite an experience. again we didn't take any breaks, only a couple of keith waits. we really do miss our buddy, but if jeff were here, we would have to pick on him. Bob and I wore our red bandanas.
we rode 57 miles a day before into brawley california. we had a 3600 foot descent into the yuha desert. 10 miles of it was on interstate 8. Bob, flat tire, coffey had 3 more flats. We didn't get to brawley until almost 500. we decided to take a rest day in brawley. We needed it.
we left brawley at 4 o'clock in the morning, road for 2 hours in the dark, we got to palo verde at 230. I was dragging up the rear and we were all out of water. we knew we had another 1500 feet to climb, but once we got to the top, we had a bunch of rollers, dips is what they called them. They were quite steep. Nancy adventure cycling host, stopped and gave us some water at they 5 mile mark.
the sand dunes were clearly highlight, of the day. they call it a little sahara.
Keith, or anyone else, if you're interested, it cost 2 dollars to use the restroom into glamis. dune buggies ever Where. oh by the way, the temperature was 100 degrees. that's 20 degrees hotter than most days, 4 this time of year. bob called me on april first at 3 o'clock in the morning, 2 inform me that my tire was low. then he said april fools. I said I'm going to hurt you, everybody don't like flat tire jokes. mary did something blog worthy, but none of us can remember what it was. it's hell getting old. senior moments? we will be on the arizona border tomorrow.
Sam

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb