Quick Update


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Arcata
September 16th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Life is good. We are in Arcata, California at the lovely home of Carol and CJ Ralph. Carol is our friend Ali's sister. Ali is a former Academy Studios compatriot of Melisse's. Yes, the one with the goats. Carol and CJ were most inviting. They live at the end of the road next to the dunes and beach. Experts in birds and plants. After a spectacular walk over the dunes to the beach, we tried to play "stump the stars" with them but they had answers to all of our bird and plant questions. Way to go! Washington was glorious. We saw old and new friends there as well. Roger and Mary are from freshman dorm at CU Boulder and Melisse's ties run deep with them. We spent time on Vashon Island with Mary and her husband, Jim and in Seattle with Roger. Our new friends are Erica and Ben Bauermeister, two of the finest folks out this way. Kin to Michael and Gloria back home. It was fun having the opportunity to talk about Erica's novel, "The School of Essential Ingredients" with her. I have been to my share of book readings in the past but there is nothing like having a personal chat with a glass of wine in the author's kitchen with her. Erica could not have been more open about her process. It was a fine evening. We are now off to the mountains for a short backpacking trip near Truckee, CA. Afterwards we will be back in the Bay Area to see friends and start a new chapter. We are lucky to have this opportunity to connect and reconnect with all these wonderful friends.

Advertisement



19th September 2009

do come back and visit! our kitchen table misses you...

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb