We are home!


Advertisement
Published: March 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

I apologize for the lack of postings. We really didn't do much sightseeing, the weather did not cooperate. We actually got to spend most of our time with Dana and Hansel and Baby Eli. The original plan was to visit a couple of hours each day to allow Dana and Eli to rest. But, we were actually able to spend most of the day with them. WE went over in the morning or afternoon. I got to hold Eli while he and Dana napped in the afternoon. Then I usually fixed dinner for everyone, or once in a while just for them. It was hard because we had Red back at the camper. Eventually we figured out that we could leave Red lose in the fifth wheel , instead of in his kennel. Then, he had access to his food and water and could move around.
We had alot of problems with the weather. Please don't even ask Ed about it. We were constantly cold, and often wet. We both had colds most of the time and I had a brush with Bronchitis. But, it was winter in Portland. There were a couple of sunny days, but, the ground was soaked.
We had some big problems with the truck. We had to replace the oil filter and a head gasket in Portland. We headed to Ashland on our way home. One more quick stop to see Patrick. About 40 miles north of Ashland, the turbo in the truck blew. So did Ed! Luckily they got it fixed on a Saturday and we were on our way. All together almost $5500 in repairs.
The trip to Texas got canceled. Between the truck problems and the cost of gas.... we weren't meant to go. Ed is going to fly out for 10 days to visit the family. It was an incredible trip. Now we are glad to be home!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb