Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Alameda
August 6th 2014
Published: August 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hey Famdamly,
We've arrived in Los Angeles, woohoo! It was a pretty gruelling trip over here. We woke up to catch our flight at 2am Monday morning and then had a 5 hour lay over in Sydney airport. We watched plenty of movies on the flights but had terrible food. Mikey still managed to get double meals, otherwise he may have wasted away 😊
Coming into LAX I was tested again for bombs/drugs (I always get picked) but this time I came up positive to explosives! Argh! A few official people sidled over and my heart rate went through the roof and we had to wait while he re-tested me twice to make sure I was clear. I passed, not sure what happened. Phew.
Pete picked us up from the airport and drove us back to his sweet home in Longbeach. Wow everything is massive here he said everyone is image conscious, so therefore the cars are gigantic gas guzzlers and there are loads of blinging people and everything seems supersized. Pretty fascinating for us, especially signs advertising quick Botox fixes for $9!
Mikey almost lost it when he saw a guy with an Afro and a comb stuck in his hair.
We met Petes gorgeous wife Katie and baby Gemma. We managed to stay awake until 6pm and then crashed out.
Today Pete drove us South down to the famous Trestles surf break and we had a surf without Wetties which was awesome. We caught some fun waves. We then drove back North to Huntington Beach and had some fish tacos which were yum but will be interesting to see how they compare to the real deal in a few days. We walked down the Pier which was nice but just so many people, so much people watching! Some crazy individuals out there.
Heading to Mexico City tomorrow night and spending two days there and then heading to Havana Cuba for two weeks. Woohoo!
There is very bad internet in Cuba so will have to see how we go, will take notes and may have to email you afterwards.
Love to everyone,
Tabitha xo




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb