Fill 'er up!!


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I've always been told that a picture is worth a thousand words. This one is worth about 3.19 a gallon!! Sally and I have been amazed at how the price of gasoline keeps going down the further east we go. We saw it today at 3.11 a gallon which is the cheapest we've found. It's great, especially since the motorhome has a 75 gallon fuel tank!! We stayed in Canut Oklahoma last night which is about 100 miles west of Oklahoma City. We've had rain every day since we left Phoenix. Mostly light showers with the exception of today. Just west of Oklahoma City we ran into a gully washer which resulted in us pulling off the highway. Visibility was down to about 100 yards at best and the rain was coming down in buckets. After about 15 minutes it let up enough for us to proceed. Ran into another storm right out of Oklahoma City. It wasn't as bad but the rain was heavy enough to keep our speed down to about 35 mph. About 60 miles west of Little Rock, we witnessed a rollover accident in the westbound lane of I-40. The driver must have experienced a blowout which resulted in the vehicle rolling at least 5 or 6 times at high speed before hitting the trees and stopping. Sally and I immediately called 911 to report the accident. It really makes you stop and think about how quickly and tragically a summer vacation can end. Tomorrow it's on to Memphis Tennessee. It's about 125 miles to Memphis so we should be there by late morning. Friday we are visiting Graceland and will also be visiting Beale Street during our stay. Photo's to follow. Until next time take care.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb