Sunrise Jack Rabbit Bike Ride Lake Powell


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
November 24th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.9967, -111.49

One of the reasons we come to Lake Powell at this time of year is because there very few people out in motorboats or houseboats and so it is a good time to be out in your kayak. It is usually calm winds which are very important since to get to the other side you must cross about a mile(?) of open flat water and wind does not make it a fun things to do!

Before we left on this trip we had been watching the weather for Lake Powell and everything looked good. The weather in Santa Fe was turning cold, windy and possible rain so we decided to head out early and take advantage of the beautiful weather. You can imagine our shock when we got to Lake Powell and the wind had to nerve to be blowing 10 to 15 with gusts. Not good for the kayak.

Decided to go for a bike ride instead. There is a nice path that allows you to enjoy all the scenery without having to worry about cars. We biked over to the Lodge and checked things out and worked on our travel stories and enjoyed a bowl of soup and salad.

As we headed for home it was much colder than when we had started and we were glad to get to the warmth of the camper. Of course the sun was setting and it was so beautiful to see the changing colors.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Cold day bundle up bike ride Lake PowellCold day bundle up bike ride Lake Powell
Cold day bundle up bike ride Lake Powell

so rare but Laura took this one as well!


8th February 2015

kill the wabbit, kill the waaaaabbitttt
9th February 2015

haha sent TIm Sheri emails but no hear back

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb