Around Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
March 31st 2011
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I'll quickly bring this blog up-to-date so that we're ready for some real travels. We didn't cover a lot of new territory over the winter but the next 12 months we're planning to cover many, many, many miles... north to Alaska, south to Texas, then east North Carolina, then back to Texas, then north to South Dakota and finally west to Deer Park. But that's in the future so now for the past...

January we spent at Pueblo Golf & RV Resort, El Mirage, AZ, a big resort northwest of the Phoenix metro area. We had a great time playing as much golf as possible with Bob & Max, Ray & Char, and Joel & Vicki (all friends from our summers in Deer Park, WA).

February we were at Gold Canyon Golf & RV Resort, Gold Canyon, AZ, southeast of the Phoenix metro area. . This was a beautiful area with the Superstition Mountains just across the road and very quiet (no jets!) But the golf course was a par 3 executive course (not our favorite) so we didnt play much and we both had the winter cold/flu/whatever - me first then Terry. So much of the month we just rested.

March was spent at Rincon Country East RV Resort, Tucson, AZ. This was by far my favorite area with lots of hiking and bird watching since our resort was just minutes from Saguaro National Park (East). And we played a little more golf than last month.

April we started our slow trip north with stops in Eloy AZ for a rally of the Newmar Kountry Klub Fulltimer Chapter, then Red Bluff CA for a nice long visit with friends Fred & Lani, and then Pendleton OR to spend time with family (Litfins). Cold, rainy, cloudy days all the way north. Maybe we left Arizona too early?

May we're at Robinson Lake north of Bonners Ferry ID enjoying more rain and cold and clouds. We're here mainly to save money (free rv hookups!) and to prep our motorhome for our journey to Alaska. We're spending time with family (Monks) and watching the water rise in Monks Creek, hoping it doesn't flood the driveway before we leave on June 1st when the real travels start...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb