Jacob's Lake to Marble Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
March 22nd 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ready to goReady to goReady to go

You have to have your priorities right when it comes time to load the boat.
Jacobs Lake to Marble Canyon, Arizona March 20, 2011
Had intended to visit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon but Hwy 67 going South out of Jacob's Lake was closed. So headed East on the Alt 87 again towards Monument Valley. Lots of scenic views along the way and I got to Marble Canyon saw a sign for Vermillion Cliffs National Monument and decided to check it out. I drove in and since I had my National Parks Pass it cost me nothing. I found a very nice campground in the Peoria Canyon overlooking the Colorado River at Lee's crossing and decided to stay the day and night. So I picked a good site and paid $12. I made a nice day of it exploring the park and watching the rafters put in the river for trips down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. This is the put in point for all trips going through the canyon. They have to get OK'ed by the Ranger who also checks out all their equipment before they leave.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Point of departurePoint of departure
Point of departure

Lee's crossing is the point of departure for all trips down the Colorado River and through the Canyon. All trips have to be OK'ed by the rangers who schedule the trips and do a check on all equipment.


22nd March 2011

FAMILIAR
that bring back thought of canoeing just like that all the things by 3 couples &having a tiny raft!!!!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb