Sunset at the Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tusayan
March 28th 2010
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.9746, -112.126

We planned a layover at the Grand Canyon on the way home, then a leisurely drive north through more astounding canyon country to Kanab, Utah, north past Bryce Canyon National Park (didn't visit it this time, though) and over to I 15 straight north.

This country is one red butte after another--almost more than the eye can absorb.

We spent sunset and sunrise at the Grand Canyon. Sunset was pretty okay, but the next morning was overcast until around 9 or so, when the sun finally started peeking through and we could begin to see detail in the canyon walls.

We especially got a kick (no pun intended) out of the elk cavorting and frolicking--we'd never seen elk play like that.

This hotel was wonderful with comfy beds, large breakfast and helpful staff. We highly recommend it to anyone staying at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Since we were there off season, our $189.00 room was only $89.00, including breakfast.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



1st April 2010

It was all beautiful until I saw that ugly bus of fear and lies. Ok, that was probably just a bit too political for this venue. Beautiful photos though.
1st April 2010

We thought you'd like that one ;)
26th July 2010

It was all beautiful until I read Paul's ugly comment of ignorance, fear and lies. Ok, that was probably just a bit too accurate for this venue. Beautiful photos though.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb