Fun At the Voyager


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
February 26th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Voyager RV Resort in Tuscon, Arizona features many activities for its winter time guests. My favorite is the Bocce courts; count ‘em – 4 top grade bowling venues.

The courts are available for open play seven days a week, except when scheduled events are held during week days.

There are scheduled events every weekday when folk staying at the Voyager can participate in organized bocce competition.

Bocce has become so popular at the Voyager, that on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, two sessions are scheduled to accommodate all the folk interested in playing.

The competition is friendly, and a lot of camaraderie is built among the participants. Oh sure, there is some baiting and cat calls here tossed around during play.

February 2011 is my second year in a row to visit the Voyager for a month stay. It was great to see the friends I made during our 2010 stay.

The bocce courts are of artificial grass and are well maintained. A volunteer crew of players keeps the courts in prime condition; they are vacuumed and swept regularly.

Yours truly had a good day at the annual bocce tournament for 2011, taking first place in men’s play. I was honored to receive and wear the coveted First Place “Western Diamondback Rattlesnake” emblem. A photo of it is around here somewhere.

A rousing cheer of “Snake,” “Snake” erupted from the crowd as Paddy, with a Kenny Stabler grin, accepted his banner and cash prize.


Paddy, Nan and Shadman are gearing up to hitch up and head out from Tucson to Mesa next Monday. But snow is in the forecast in Tucson for Sunday, along with wind and dust on the Interstate from Tucson to Phoenix. The low for Sunday night is 27 degrees.

We will be conservative, and stay over if necessary in order to reduce the risk; risk management is a lot of what longevity is all about.

Stay tuned,

Paddy




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Paddys_AwardPaddys_Award
Paddys_Award

Paddy Won First Place


27th February 2011

Hiss On, Snake!
Congratulations on your latest Victory! all the while having fun ethically, with the occassional competitive cat calls...good clean fun, glad to hear about it. Safety first, longevity more probable, well said by you. Safe/Fun Journey, John
27th February 2011

while in Mesa...
While you're in Mesa, be sure you visit the Gilbert Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch in Gilbert. You'll get great waterfowl and bird photos there.
28th February 2011

Congrats
Good on ya, Paddy!
28th February 2011

Hil to the Champ!!
Congratulations Pat!!!! I knew it was only a matter of time until your skill prevailed. Now, are we making a switch to bocce for the Pick 'em tournament??? Tom D

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb