Day 11-15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 11
Okay, we’ve made it safely out of North Las Vegas. After missing one turn, we pulled a U-turn and made it on the correct interstate.
We crossed the Hoover Dam. Benji’s quote when it came into view: “Dam!”
We had to be inspected before crossing. Benji was going to warn the officers that our camper was a mess inside. His thought “It looks like a bomb went off in there.” Bad choice of words, Ben Ben. Luckily, he kept his mouth shut and we passed inspection without incident.

Off to Wickenberg! Lunch will happen there and we’ll get some information about the ghost town. I may have to turn this into a Scooby-Doo blog for a day.

So we’re in Wickenberg. No sign of this Vulture Mine or whatever it’s called. They do have a website, but I have no internet access here.
This place is in Maricopa county…the same place with the sheriff who makes his inmates wear pink underwear. Mandie wants her picture with him!
And….we’re at Tucson! We dropped our camper basically in a dirt lot in a campsite. But for $5, can you pass that up?
Mandie played dominoes and some other board game with the roomies. She actually won a game!


Welcome to Tucson!
We’ve been hanging out at Mike’s for the past few days. Ate at a few neat places. Lil’Abners: Benji calls it “the most wonderful place in the world.” Their menu: steak, ribs, or chicken. That’s it. No menu. Take your pick.
Putney’s Sports and Eating Place. El Charros, home of the original chimichanga, as seen on the History Channel.
We built a train table for Mike.
Mandie had dysentery…but some Immodium cured that problem.
We learned of a new game called “Super Monkey Ball”. It’s so addictive that even Benji played it.
Mandie and Benji introduced the Arizonians to “Welcome to Woop Woop”
Benji and Mike played CSI with the blacklight as they searched for scorpions. They found one.
No monsoon season this year for us. Just plain HOT!
Visited Adrian’s aunts’ house. Dinner, swimming, and the diving dogs.
PDQ Bach live in Houston. We have a problem!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0985s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb