Sedona Trip, Day 1, Palatki, Loop Road & Airport Mesa


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
April 18th 2012
Published: September 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

PHOTO FROM THIS DAY AT PALATKI, LOOP ROAD & AIRPORT MESA

In the afternoon we decided to visit the Palatki Heritage Site, but after maneuvering our rental through the dusty roads we arrive at the site at 2:45 only to find they close at 3 and a reservation is required. On the way in we met a tree (see photos 2, 3 & 4) that gave an impression of just how hot it was. A piece of bark was peeled back and hanging as if a tongue hoping for moisture. That and a spot on the way out that was beckoning me to climb was all we got of this Palatki place this day but we hoped to return before we left.

Photos 9 thru 15 were taken from the first turnout on the right coming in the Upper Loop Road from 89A. Here we met another tree with so much to offer. After a tip of my cap in gratitude we continued on Loop and circled back up to Airport Mesa where I hoped to capture some of Sedona's icons bathed in golden-hour sunshine. There were already plenty of others gathering for the magical moments. We captured a few trees and several rocks proudly displaying plumes of place then ended with the Mason's cross at the airport.Not completely learning our lesson we smiled through the night and woke early to take a sunrise stroll along Soldier's Pass up to the Seven Sacred Pools.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 150; dbt: 0.1657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb