Sedona, Arizona - Sep 20 to 22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
September 23rd 2013
Published: October 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Next stop Sedona, AZ for three nights. The 90 miles from the Grand Canyon to Sedona was an easy trip past San Francisco Mountain and Flagstaff and we arrived at a lovely RV park along Oak Creek a few miles from Sedona. Next day we scouted out Cathedral Rock for sunset viewing locations and walked by the “Vortex” along Oak Creek. The so-called Vortex which Sedona is famous for, displayed many balanced stones from folk trying to shed bad energy. Then we joined lots of photographers for views of Cathedral Rock at sunset. Everyone was friendly and shared the better photo set up locations, only the wedding party across Oak Creek were in Kayla’s way of “the no hand of man” pictures of Cathedral.

Next day was haircut for Richard, a 4 mile hike to Chicken Point and a 2 mile sunset hike past Bell Rock and Court House Butte. Rock layers on these mini sandstone mesas were peach to orange. We also found several pink 4x4 Jeeps at Chicken Point who got there on back roads but they did not disturb our hike and views of the colourful formations along the trail. Sunset was a great opportunity for Kayla to capture the buttes in their best colour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb