A day in Sedona without a car


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
July 21st 2022
Published: July 27th 2022
Edit Blog Post

My Day in Sedona Without a Car

by

Gallivanting Like a Royal, Duchess DJ Love

Eckhart Tolle held a conference which I attended in Phoenix. While in the area, I decided to add on a day trip to Sedona. I did not want to drive so I found an alternative. We booked the Groome Transportation Shuttle from PHX (Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport) to our hotel, Best Western Arroyo Roble Resort, in Uptown Sedona. The shuttle serves Phoenix and Flagstaff airports. From Phoenix it took about 2 hours to make the ride into Sedona. We had to wait for passengers arriving on a late flight, so we were behind schedule. But from Sedona hotel to PHX, it is about an hour and a half. Tip: expect the shuttle to pick you up 15 minutes earlier than the time listed on reservation. We arrived around 5pm on a Sunday evening. Scored big time with a 4th floor, balcony room overlooking the spectacular red rock mountains. Spent 2 nights there. Price was reasonable. Since I was only spending a day in Sedona, as a side trip from Phoenix, I did not need a car to walk the strip. Waking up and sitting on the balcony watching the sun rise over the red rocks provided such a calm, tranquil state. The hotel staff were superior to other places. The staff contacted us each morning to see if we needed anything or if they could be of assistance.

What can we do in Sedona with only one full day to explore and no car? Actually, there is a lot to do. If you want to hike, Sedona has a public bus system which provides a way to get to the trails via public transportation since parking is limited at the trail heads. There were several tour options to explore more. The Pink Jeep, Helicopter rides, and private tour options.

We took the Sedona Trolley on two one-hour tours to see the area. Discounted price of $39 for both tours, combo of A and B. Bobby, the manager, was a pleasure to deal with. He gave us tips on where to dine, nightlife which is very little, and trails to take for great scenery. Description of Tour "A" & Tour "B" (2 hours) Full City Scenic Combo Tour. Tour A highlights; On this fully narrated tour, you will experience the South side of Sedona, passing by Tlaquepaque’s Art district, and onto amazing vista views and a 10 - 15 minute visit at the famous Chapel of the Holy Cross and Tour B highlights: On this fully narrated tour, you'll experience the breathtaking views of West Sedona, highlighting such formations as Thunder Mountain and Chimney Rock, and into the red rock walls of Fay Canyon for a 10 - 15 minute photo stop. Riding in the trolley provided a refreshing way to see the sights.

From Downtown Sedona, you can walk to the Tlaquepaque’s Art District Shopping Mall. About a mile walk and a bit hilly. There were plenty of stores, galleries, eateries, and sightseeing opportunities all within walking distance of our hotel. We dined at Oaxaca Mexican restaurant. It served up great food, large portions, and good prices. At Don Diego Mexican restaurant food was a bit expensive for what you got. Chips and salsa were not complimentary like most Mexican restaurants: I had to buy that separate for like $10. Good food though. There are other dining options from pizza to counter orders, dessert shops, grills, and cafes. Something for everyone and most with good views on an outdoor patio. Our hotel served us a hot breakfast and it was delicious. Had ice cream at a local shop, Sabrina's Gourmet Ice Cream, very good. They offered the waffle comb crumbles to go inside a cup so that I did not drop my ice cream everywhere.

Sedona is known for the vortexes and healing energy. I wanted to experience it. Found the Sedona Meditation Center and attended a Korean yoga session. Donations accepted for a session, a $10 minimum for walk-ins. Yoga improves strength, balance, and flexibility. Our instructor, Kyle, was exceptional. He gave us a workout or at least for me. Afterwards, I requested an aura reading, photo, and analysis.

While walking the Uptown area, I found two unique heart print tops at the boutique, Bennali’s On Main. Tip: ask the stores if they participate in the coupon program for 5 -15 % off if you shop specific stores. I took advantage of this offer with meals too. Scored a fabulous vortex vibe pair of earrings at Earthbound. Did not find much in the way of evening entertainment. There were musicians performing in the open areas.

My two-night, one day stay in Sedona went too fast. I look forward to returning to explore some more. Sedona has the only McDonald’s with teal arches. On future stays, Best Western Arroyo Roble Resort will be my home away from home again.

You can view more photos/video of my Sedona trip and others on Facebook.com/DuchessDJtravels or Instagram.com/duchessdjlove/



#holychapelsedona #holychapel #holychapelofthecross #vortexhealing #sedonavortexenergy #sedonaescape #sedonaarizona #sedonaviews #gallivantinglikearoyal? #duchessdjlove❤️ #duchessdjtravels✈ #sedona #visitsedona #visitsedonaarizona #sedonaarizona #vortex #sedonavortex #sedonavortexenergy #sedonahiking #redrock #mountains #sedonageology #gallivantinglikearoyal? #aurareading #auraphotography #auraphoto #auraanalysis #sedonameditationcenter #sedonayoga #sedonavortexenergy #sedonavortex #sabrinasgourmeticecreamshop #sabrinasgourmet #sedonatrolley #sedonatrolleytour #sedonatrolleytours #sedonatrolleysunsettour #bennalisonmain #earthboundsedona #earthboundstore #bestwesternarroyoroble #tealarches #sedonamcdonalds #sedonamcdonaldstealarches #oaxacamexicanrestaurant #oaxacamexicanrestaurantsedona #dondiego #dondeigosedona #dondiegomexicanrestaurant #groometransportation #groomeshuttle


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb