Dreary Lake Erie


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Prescott
October 6th 2013
Published: October 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last day found us in Port Clinton visiting the shops and small Lake Erie harbor in the rain. Not much going on here, but the lady at the hotel desk said this is definitely not the end of the season. There are more festivals and fishing tournaments here this fall. I was glad it was raining, it made going home easier. It was a good trip.

A few stats for this trip:

10 states

6 Canadian provinces

13 boat rides

8,300 miles of driving

That last stat stunned the girl checking in our rental car. But, our contract said "unlimited mileage" and she didn't blink at that. I don't think the rental company made much money off of us this trip. We got a good deal.

We're off to a wedding in California in a couple of days, then Joe has a four day backpacking trip in Canyonlands NP the end of October. We hope to see our sons for one or both of the holidays. I miss them a lot. Pretty sure our next trip will involve seeing them.

Sitting in the Detroit airport as I write this. We have a long wait, then a shuttle ride to Prescott from Phoenix late tonight. We'll be tired when we finally get home. Hope all is well with all of you, our dear family and friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Port Clinton, OhioPort Clinton, Ohio
Port Clinton, Ohio

That popcorn store has about 50 flavors of popcorn including banana, bubble gum, bacon and cheese, walleye, amaretto, black cherry, and blueberry.


6th October 2013

What a trip!
Well, we have enjoyed following your travels very much. Not as good as being there, but what a fabulous trip! Sorry the last day was a little flat, but it was bound to be after the adventures you had. We hope the next big jaunt might be to head over here.....
6th October 2013

Next trip
The UK is certainly a dream of ours and a possibility.
6th October 2013

Sniff!!!!
We will suffer withdrawal pangs, not getting our J&J hit. Hugs and Shake. B&C
6th October 2013

Home Sweet Home
Congrats, Judy and Joe and what endurance you two have. Thanks so much for the wonderful trip, commentary and pics. I am exhausted from your trip!! Don't know where you get the energy but admire you for going the distance and seeing it all. That car must be worn out!!! See you soon after a well deserved rest. J&D
7th October 2013

Hopefully you ate the local Perch
We are from Ohio and the perch in that part of the world is pretty good. Hope you sampled it while there. What part of California will you be in?
7th October 2013

Ohio
We really liked Cleveland as you know from the blog. We had some time to kill on the way to the airport so went to see downtown Toledo. Now, that was a sad place. Maybe we just didn't go to the right place? We put "downtown Toledo" into the GPS. We didn't eat the perch because where I'm from (Kansas) nobody eats them, we throw them back because they're too bony. Guess I missed out on something there, huh? I should have realized that since it was sold everywhere it must be good. Next time... We're off to San Diego.
7th October 2013

Home is Welcome
Judy and Joe, Thank you for taking us on a travelog trip with you. Your home isn't humble and I bet it still feels like 'there's no place like home'. Love, Donna and Rick
7th October 2013

Home
We just walked in the door and it's 4 AM Detroit time, so we're exhausted. Home does look pretty good. Unwinding a bit so I can sleep. Donna, thanks for reading my blog and for all the comments. I know that when Dad was alive he would read my blogs and emails and on this trip I would often think, "I wish I could tell Dad about that." Having my aunt reading them is the next best thing. It helps. Love to you and Rick.
9th October 2013

Your Trip
Hey Judy, Thanks for taking me along on your trip. I leaned a lot and really enjoyed it!
10th October 2013

Thanks
Thanks for taking the time to look at the blogs and comment, Tom.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb