Phoenix Rock & Roll Half Marathon 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
January 17th 2010
Published: January 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Before the race...Before the race...Before the race...

Just a few of us before the race began. From left to right...Bryan, Me, Mandy, Dave, Theresa, Eric, Kyle and Sue (holding the sign).
In June, 2009, a pilot friend unexpectedly passed away. He left behind a wife and three young children. Those who knew him well knew one of his greatest wishes was to be a runner and ultimately run a marathon, however, during his lifetime he never achieved that goal. So, in honor of our friend, a large group of family and friends gathered in Phoenix on January 17th to run the PF Chang's Rock 'N' Roll Arizona 1/2 Marathon.

Highlights of the race were John McCain greeting the runners from a podium as we crossed the starting line and both Ryan Hall and Deena Kastor (both Olympians for those who don't know) running in the race. I didn't get to see either Ryan Hall or Deena Kastor, but the fact I knew they were there was really cool!

Since I don't run with a camera, it's been a time-consuming effort gathering photos from those friends who didn't actually run. Here are a few photos I've collected so far...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

After the run...After the run...
After the run...

Just a few of us in the family area...I'm in the black baseball hat.
Cheering the runners!Cheering the runners!
Cheering the runners!

A few of the kids from our group. They had such a good time cheering the runners!
The Walkers Crossing the Finish Line!The Walkers Crossing the Finish Line!
The Walkers Crossing the Finish Line!

We were so proud of them! None of them had ever been in a race before and to finish 13.1 miles was quite an accomplishment!
The Whole GroupThe Whole Group
The Whole Group

Everyone gathered together in honor of Gordon at the PF Chang's Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon.
Van Party!Van Party!
Van Party!

The post marathon party at Mark and Mindy's house was so much fun nobody wanted it to end...including Mark, who would not get out of the van!
Totally Legal!Totally Legal!
Totally Legal!

What do you do when you have too many runners to transport from point A to point B? You put the fastest one in the back!


28th January 2010

semper fi
CONGRATS to ya young lady thats a hell of a run you need to put on a SEMPER FI BLACK HAT for that run . Yes life is short know of 2 guys who just turned 59 one died at xmas the other couple days ago . Everyone wished they ahd there life style cause they both had MUCHO BUCKS They both ended up getting cancer no one wants to trade with them now. Enjoy life cause were only here once I am no HURRY to visit the after life.TAKE CARE PFC.WOJO :):):)

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb