Arizona 2001


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
March 22nd 2001
Published: January 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Electric Park in TusconElectric Park in TusconElectric Park in Tuscon

Even though it was a couple hours away . . . I really wanted to make the trip south to Tuscon to see my White Sox.
For Spring Break my sophomore year some friends and I went to went to Arizona for spring break. We got a great deal at a real nice hotel on a golf course. We went to spring training baseball games almost every day, went to an NHL game, climbed camel back mountain, and of course went out on the town (it was spring break after all)!

Jordan and I left from Eau Claire on a Thursday after class and we drove the rest of Thursday, all day Friday and most of Saturday. It was the first time that I had ever done a real long road trip like that. On the way out there we went through Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. On the way back we wanted to see the Grand Canyon so we went up through the painted desert in Utah and Colorado.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Hotel on the Golf CourseHotel on the Golf Course
Hotel on the Golf Course

This the court yard out side of our hotel room and it was right next to an excellent golf course.
Spring TrainingSpring Training
Spring Training

We went to 5 different spring training games. This was when we went to the Brewers spring home in Mayville.
The voyage is about to begin.The voyage is about to begin.
The voyage is about to begin.

This is Jordan and I right before Jordan and I left from Bridgman Hall.
Electric Park in TusconElectric Park in Tuscon
Electric Park in Tuscon

Here is proof that I was there.
Coyotes gameCoyotes game
Coyotes game

Arizona . . . hockey in Arizona?
On top of CamelBack MountianOn top of CamelBack Mountian
On top of CamelBack Mountian

Camelback Mt. is just outside of the metro area and it took us a little over 2 hours to climb up. The view was awesome, well worth the work.
Us at the Grand CanyonUs at the Grand Canyon
Us at the Grand Canyon

Here is a picture of the whole crew . . . on the way back we were traveled in 2 cars . . . so there was not a ton of spare room.
Painted DesertPainted Desert
Painted Desert

Here is a not very good pic of the painted desert.
Giants GameGiants Game
Giants Game

Here is the whole crew at a game.


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb