Last Full Day in Patagonia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Patagonia
March 22nd 2020
Published: March 27th 2020
Edit Blog Post

blog 03-22-20 Last Full Day

Watson and I took the trail to the upper part of the park to see where it lead us. Past the lake overlook, down the many steps, through the gate then along the lake shore. Again there was the humming of bees but no obvious swarm so we proceeded between the cattails and the woods. Picture There were some wet marshy areas but mostly dry and lots of birds singing everywhere. It was cooler here then up top and just a few kids with their parents. The smells were a combination of earthy and sweet from the willow blossoms. Oh, the willow blossoms were attracting the bees! Sure enough, on closer examination, there were thousands of bees all over the willow bushes, that is where the humming was coming from. The California growers would love to have all these critters.

There were a few ducks in the water and many birds in the trees but no new species that I could see. So we turned around and headed back to the camper.

In the afternoon I had to make one last trip to the visitor center to check out the hummers again. I was very happy to catch a male broad billed hummingbird darting from flower to flower in the sun. A perfect ending to my photo quest here. Picture

It was time to pack up as much as I could tonight because we are leaving in the morning. I really loved this park but with schools closed because of the virus the place was packed with kids. I much prefer camping with the seniors as it should be in the winter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb