Hello From Parker!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Parker
February 25th 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Since I have last posted, we have stayed in Needles, Lake Havasu , and now Parker. We have met up with some friends, Burger and Mike Swanson and Rick and Marcy Jansen.

We really liked the Maobi Regional Park in Needles. Unfortunately we were only able to stay three nights. The park is set up on peninsulas on the Colorado River. Four sites to each peninsula. Very nice and close to many things to do. We tried to reserve it for next February for a month. The price is really reasonable. But it is already full. I will have to watch the internet site when we get home.

We then moved to Lake Havasu. Lots of happenings through the weekend so only found dry camping in Prospector Park. 15 a night; not bad and was able to use the pool, hot tub, and laundry. We watched fireworks one night. The vendors were putting on a show for other cities and towns to purchase for the 4th of July. Pretty cool; there was also a Rockobelly going on; music , vendors, eats. Also we went to our first swap meet. Found the Moose club.

Now we are in Parker. Very nice state park; River Island State Park; big sites; have done a lot of walking and hiking. Yesterday we actually found some old mine claims, dating back to the 20's. Stuffed in little cans in a pile of rocks!

Today we are doing laundry and probably will move tomorrow to Quartside. 50% chance of rain. Hope you all are staying warm.

Internet and cell phone service is iffy; Will post again when available!

Love to all!

Chris and Curt

Advertisement



25th February 2011

Glad to hear you are having fun!
Hi Chris and Curt, So great to get your Blogs! It sounds like you are enjoying your first road trip. Maybe next year we will be able to join you. We had a great vacation in Hawaii...only to arrive home where it is the coldest it has been all winter. Stay safe and keep the updates coming! Sheryl

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb