Monument Valley


Advertisement
Published: April 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bryce Canyon National Park - Monument Valley National Park

01/07/2010

Monument ValleyMonument ValleyMonument Valley

Stunning scenery in Monument Valley.
This morning we were moving on again, we got ourselves ready, packed the car and left Ponderosa Ranch to our next destination, Monument Valley National Park. I was behind the wheel today. It was a nervous experience considering my lack of experience driving on the wrong side of the road. After a few hours driving across the beautiful canyon lands of the South-West we arrived at our Monument Valley hotel called, ‘The View’. Last time Hannah and I came here the hotel didn’t exist and that was only a couple of years ago. We checked in but our rooms were not yet ready, so in the meantime Selina & Ash decided to go on a Navaho Indian guided tour, while Hannah and I would take the 4 by 4 and explore on our own. So after a brief look around the visitors centre next door to the hotel, Hannah and I jumped into 4WD and went to get some extra fuel before taking on the bumpy red dirt track which wound around the stunning Monument Valley Mittens.

I began quite slowly because I was worried about getting another puncture, we did not have another spare. But soon enough we were
Monument ValleyMonument ValleyMonument Valley

Amazing landscapes at Monument Valley.
having so much fun, worrying about a puncture was the last thing on our minds. The landscape here is just stunning, the Mittens in Monument Valley have to be some of the best scenery I’ve ever seen in my life. I’d been here twice now and was still just blown away by the beauty. Hannah and I spent the next few hours driving around the Mittens, me with steering wheel in one hand, camera in the other. Our camera was working overtime as Hannah and I took photos at every angle, but photos just don’t do justice to when you’re actually here experiencing some of the most amazing scenery in the world.

We made our way back to the hotel next to the visitor’s centre at which time our room was ready for us. So after checking in we headed to our room and quickly found out exactly why this hotel was suitably named, ‘The View’. The room itself was quite basic but the view from the balcony was the single best view I have ever seen from a hotel room. From sitting on the balcony we could see all across Monument Valley and had a completely un-obstructured view
Monument ValleyMonument ValleyMonument Valley

Monument Valley Mitten in the rearview mirror.
of the Mittens, simply breathtaking. Hannah and I relaxing in our room for the rest of the afternoon, most of which was spent out on the balcony. In the early evening we meet Selina and Ash for dinner at the hotel’s restaurant downstairs. It was a traditional Navaho Indian restaurant and therefore did not serve any alcohol. But nevertheless the food was great, it was an experience all round. After an exhausting day the four of us returned to our rooms to sleep.

Accommodation:
The View



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Monument ValleyMonument Valley
Monument Valley

Actual view from our balcony at the hotel - possibly the best hotel view ever.
Monument ValleyMonument Valley
Monument Valley

The open red roads which wind around the Monument Valley Mittens.
Monument ValleyMonument Valley
Monument Valley

One of the Monument Valley Mittens close up.


Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb