Roll Around Naked Good


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Mesa
October 30th 2009
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

La Estrella, Carneceria y PanadelriaLa Estrella, Carneceria y PanadelriaLa Estrella, Carneceria y Panadelria

Not only did we make an unexpected and wonderful discovery with this place, we had a reminder that all our spanish study does pay off --we could actually talk with them. YES!
Geo: 33.417, -111.831

Food so good my taste buds wanted to get naked and roll in it.
We happened on this great little Mexican butcher shop and bakery in Mesa so plastered with bold colors, large lettering and bright murals on the outside that Bob didn't even want to go in, but I was going in! It was an awesome little place.
The bakery with cookies the size of your head extended through 2/3rds of the place with barely room to walk between 6' trays of pastries to the meat counter in back. Now we're at the good stuff. We had pork smothered in red chili sauce w/rice and beans and fresh corn tortillas.
After a photo of the cute non-English speaking clerk, we raced to a park with the intent of getting as much of this into our mouths as fast as possible with as little mess as we were able.
Oh my.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Cute sales clerkCute sales clerk
Cute sales clerk

Muy linda! Grabbing lunch here was such an unexpected blast. We felt like we were in a foreign country because nobody in the whole place spoke English. It was so much fun ordering in Spanish and talking with the ladies.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb