Arizona Desert


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Lake Havasu City
December 9th 2007
Published: December 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Denise has been behaving badly again you will all be pleased to hear, apparently it was a fat American called Dave, round 2 tonight?! Sure it had something to do with the cocktails. Kim and I stayed stone cold sober of course!

After the flight over the Grand Canyon we drove up there for a closer look and to use an American expression it was AWESOME! For anybody who has never done it you really must, because words just cannot describe it, it's a bit like staring at a painting. Oh and we had snow! Then Kimley had to drive back to the hotel because I got altitude sickness! So we ended up staying for a second night in a little city (one horse town) called Williams, on route 66, which was actually quite cute so we didn't mind, and Kimley did manage to stop shaking and regained the power of speech after a few hours! (okay so she hasn't driven for a few years!). Have to say though that on route to the grand Canyon Denise got a bit bored with the scenery, understandable really, just lots of big mountains and stuff, and decided the interior of the car was far more exciting, especially the pen clips and tissue holders... ah bless!

Pheonix was a hell hole, we stayed long enough to get some gas and then got the hell outta Dodge! London Bridge is pretty cool though, staying in a horrible hotel again where we are having to suffer a balcony overlooking the water, a spiral staircase up to the roof terrace, and seperate bedrooms. It's a hard life but someone has got to suffer i suppose. And just to add insult to injury we had to watch a parade of lights along the river last night to open up the Christmas season. It was very pretty, especially after cocktails and wine. Lots of big and little boats all lit up and parading down the river. Off to California tomorrow where hopefully we can soak up some more sun... for those of you suffering in the wet, windy miserable UK yes it is sunny here!

Anyway we are signing off now as more cocktails are calling our name. As the Yanks would say Y'all have a nice day now and happy holidays!

Advertisement



9th December 2007

Pics
Where are all the pics???
10th December 2007

Cockney Kim
Janie, Denise and Kim. Great keeping up with your travels. weather fantastic here in sunny Portsmouth.....NOT! Just like to inform everyone that Kim is not your typical cockney and speaks only in home counties English. Did laugh when I read the two an eight she got herself into over driving. Denise behaving badly....surely not(go girl). Though if you are going to pull an American next time try and ensure he has an authentic name e.g. Brad, Harrison, Billy Bob Jnr. Enjoy SIS. Have a nice day.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb