Holbrook, AZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Holbrook
October 20th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

10-16-10
Got up and around a little earlier today, as we’re driving all day. Made it to just east of Oklahoma City, OK, where we found a nice casino parking lot!- thank you Fireside! We got some dinner and G played cards for a while. Long day, with another again tomorrow.
10-17-10
Up again early today and hit the road. Headed for Santa Fe...going to spend a night at the Ojo Caliente Spa 😊 Another long day, but finally made it a little after 7pm...thank you Buffalo Thunder Casino!! We parked the coach out back, then in for some dinner and a beer!! G played cards again, and I had an early night!!
10-18-10
Got some lunch at the deli at Buffalo Thunder and headed for our spa adventure!! We arrived up there around 2:30 and our room was ready, so checked in and hit the water!! They have 5 different mineral pools, a mud area, and pool (which didn’t get much use, as it was pretty cold, and not hot outside by any means!!). We spent the afternoon switching between pools - some are warmer than others - and then got dressed for dinner in their restaurant. Apparently the rooms were booked up, and there was a good crowd for dinner! We met 4 fellows at the bar before dinner who had been on a 5 hour hike. They were having a beer, then going to partake of the pools, then driving home. 2 were from the area and 2 were visiting, and they had driven their vehicle over to the spa before beginning their hike. One of the guys was from North Carolina originally, one from Texas, one from Florida and the last from California...I believe they had all met while living in CA. Was fun to visit with them, then we went in for a really nice dinner! Back to our room to don our suits again for one last soak of the day...nice...they had the fireplace lit, as well as the fire pit out front...what a good day!!
10-19-10
The pools open at 8am, so we jumped out of bed and into our suits!! Had the place to ourselves for a while. Was really nice to have a soak...we had both missed our regular pillows last night!! Finally ventured back to get showered for the day and did a little “surfing” to decide where we’re going to stay tonight. Then we checked out and back to Buffalo Thunder Casino to pick up the coach. Headed for Holbrook today. Made it to the OK RV Park and set up for the evening. We had heard that dinner at Bubba’s Big Pig Bar-Ba-Que was a “must”, so headed there for dinner...wow!! Delicious BBQ and the sides were fabulous as well...needless to say, we ate entirely too much. Did a bit of grocery shopping (haven’t seen a Safeway in quite some time, so stopped there 😊 and I was in a food coma by 9:30!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb