Grand Canyon to Holbrook, AZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Holbrook
October 24th 2017
Published: October 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


blog 10-24-17 Grand Canyon to Holbrook, AZ

Yes, we are on the road again. It started out well then one delay after another and our start was later than we wanted. Our neighbor from Ontario came and asked me how I winterized the motorhome. After saying I'd never attempt it he said he watched a u tube video and it didn't look that hard. Well it's not but if you don't get it right the consiquences are very expensive. Ginnie talked to him about his motorhome which was the same manufacturer as her's and the conversation continued. It was nice talking to him and I think we helped him a little.

As we were driving out of the driveway Ginnie spotted a dog running across the highway. In a blink she had the motorhome parked at the side of the road, grabbed dog treats and a leash and was out the door to get the dog. She had seen it being walked in the campground and knew it belonged to someone here. She was able to get the dog and calm it down then went looking for it's owner. About 10 min later she found where it belonged and the owner was terribly grateful, he was out looking for the dog. He runs a tour business in the canyon and said he'd love to treat us to a free tour, but we were traveling today. Ginnie said to pay it forward, as the man did who washed our windshield several weeks ago.

Our ride was uneventful and we arrived in Holbrook about 2:30 pm. The family that runs the rv park are very nice and helped us with directions and sights to see tomorrow when we visit the Petrified Forest National Park.

While we were inside for a few minutes Ginnie noticed a road runner just across the street. Wow here we are on Route 66 watching a road runner run the road. BEEP BEEP


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb