Beauty behind the sunset @ Grand Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Grand Canyon
September 22nd 2015
Published: September 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I love watching sunset. I stand there at the right place @ Grand Canyon - When the Sun appears progressively lower and lower on the horizon, I could feel how prettier and prettier it is. I was marvel at the scenic sight how the sun remains the same size and it dropping at a constant rate. I am from Physics background, for sometime became a scientist and enjoyed the concept behind it. The feelings stayed in heart and will remain forever. The day was perfect to enjoy.

Day 1: The journey started on Friday afternoon from Albuquerque, NM. Found an interesting city on the way Gallup, it rains most of the time there. It was raining so heavily, I can hardly see the road. If you are traveling, thats expected. I was instructed by my friend Joey & Monika that do not stop at any gas stations and keep enough food in the car for 6 hours drive. I experienced that on the way as there was not may gas stations. During sunset we stayed at a beautiful rest area (Did not remember the name of the place). Krish & Leora enjoyed playing on the red rocks. We took really good snaps. We reached my friends house around 10PM. We felt the heat - Heat of Arizona. Great dinner and hospitality lead to a great night.

Day 2: Hospitality continued. Wonderful breakfast gave an energetic start for the day. We traveled from Phoenix, AZ around 11AM to Grand Canyon. It was 3 hours drive. Roads are good, but when crossing you have to be careful. We stopped at Visitor center and watched the movie - its worth. They suggested not to drive, but to take the public transport. I should suggest that is a best option as you can avoid traffic- as there is special rout for Public transport. The other thing, I liked was get to travel with some interesting people. It was full of fun as all has the same destination and same aspiration for fun. The day was absolutely gorgeous, to watch the sunset and the canyon. I saw the pictures, being there and seeing it in eyes was kind of a dream come true for me. Really this is one of the wonder. We stayed there till sunset and enjoyed till the last piece of the second. Returned to the visitor center and had Pizza for dinner came back to hotel.

Day 3: Sunday -Traveling back. We started very early to have the morning travel feelings. Anita like it as she can talk uninterruptedly - Krish & Leora sleeping in the back sit. It was an wonderful morning - cloudy. Our goal was to visit Indian Village on the way. We had impression that they are country India (But they are native Americans). Ahhh. The interesting advertisement board written as - Clean toilet in Indian Village. We just got curious to see that. It was nothing different. But had good time in window shopping. The pottery and art were amazing.

It was an amazing 3 days family trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb