Mind blown


Advertisement
Published: February 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

When considering a road trip across the states, one of the 2 most popular images that may well come up on a search engine is photos of a 2 lane road that travel across beautiful landscapes (Route 66) with beautiful images of dusty red rocky terrain. Tall mountains, deep valleys and the draw dropping pictures of people standing at the edge of a collection of rocks with a huge drop beneath them. The... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement






21st February 2016
Dusty, dry and extremely hot

My pick
That was a nice photo. Well caught. By the way, in Pennsylvania I once rode a car on Route 666... Well, I thought that was funny... /Ake
21st February 2016
Finding our own viewpoints

Roadtrip USA
One does not know how good a roadtrip is in USA until you try one. Our reason to return to USA will be to do number 3, 4, 5. SW USA...couldn't think of a better part to start.
22nd February 2016
Finding our own viewpoints

ROADTRIP
Completely agree with you there, we breifly considered it beforehand but was happy to give it a miss. We didn't realise how much fulfillment we would have with hiring a car. Especially because of the freedom and flexibility it offered. Buses were perfect for this trip given we are travelling for over a year but a big road trip in the states still awaits us.
22nd February 2016

Road trippin'
Wow, your photos are spectacular! I chuckled about you wanting a small car and that you hadn't yet embraced the ideology that 'bigger is better' ;)
22nd February 2016

Road trippin
Big American cars are too bulky for us we have no need for them. Can see why people like them but I think we'll stick to our 5 door compact cars ?
22nd February 2016
Getting close to the edge

Oh no...!
I scanned your photos before I read the blog, and when I saw this pic I thought 'oh no, they've ended up on another walk like their Great Wall of China walking adventure' :D
22nd February 2016
Getting close to the edge

Oh no
Ha. Doubt we'll be rushing for a trek like that again. Think my nerves would give in before anything else!!
23rd February 2016

Lure of the open road
Beautiful blog of a fantastic place. Glad you got to experience the American road trip, if only for a few days. Be warned: they are addictive! Hope you get to do the National Parks trip some day, it will be amazing. (yes, a convertible is well worth it if the weather cooperates) About those Burma Shave signs: they were a famous advertising campaign from the 1940s and 50s. So many people remember them that they became a part of Route 66 history and were resurrected. The shaving cream itself is long gone.
27th February 2016

The Lure of the open road
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. We really enjoyed our trip here and hope our next road trip materialises sooner than later. A real great addition, those Burma Shave adverts!!
23rd February 2016

Awesome!
Road trip in the US is a dream! Everything is big in the States! When we were there we were so surprised by the size of everything: from cars to houses, from food to... people! We love the States and we can't wait to go back there.
27th February 2016

Bigger than life
Yes, completely agree, everything in the states is much bigger, if not n appearance then in Character and we also cannot wait to experience it some more.
24th February 2016

America the Beautiful
We have a large, diverse country with much to offer. You've mastered getting around on a budget. Good for you. When I read your blogs I am happy to see my country through your eyes. So glad you are having a good trip. So many adventures, so little time.
27th February 2016

America the Beautiful
Its great to hear you can read our blogs and enjoy them. We try to share the many impressions we formed in the states, both the good and the bad. It was such a diverse place and we had the most incredible experience backpacking across it.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 35; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb