Are we there yet? Day 7


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

If you have never seen the Grand Canyon, put it on your bucket list. If you have seen it, go again, we did and we were still in awe!

We traveled from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon. it was interesting to see alert signs along the road for elk and lion, we are use to seeing deer crossing.

We were at the southern rim and hiked the Bright Angel trail. We intended to go to a cabin that was 3 miles down (6 mile round trip) however the trail was getting steeper and steeper as we traveled down, and we thought more about the hike. We got down about one and a half miles to where the rock changes from grey/white to red, and with the wisdom of our years we decided to turn around.

After stopping at many of the scenic outlook and seeing elk grazing, we continued on our way to Page, AZ and Lake Powell, Glen Canyon recreational area, where we spent the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



26th April 2013

Hi Linda and Al! The Grand Canyon is so incredibly beautiful. Pictures can't really capture what you see. Your trip sounds so wonderful! Keep posting! Your pictures are fantastic!

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb